What's happening with the Hill family!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

525,600 minutes

How do you measure a year? Lyrics to one of my favorite songs and really fitting for our family this year. This has been a year of change for our family, our little boys are trying so hard to turn into little men and have worried, challenged and entertained the daylights out of us in 2010. It has been a year of a lot of big decisions and probably the biggest is that we decided to get the heck out of dodge! Well, not literally, but a plan has been ever so slowly set into motion for us to move away from all the hustle and bustle and take our particular brand of crazy to the country.

That's right, I said the country :) Don't we look like the type? In all actuality, I consider the country to mean I have to travel an hour to get to things I love the most like Super Target and Ross. We won't be nearly that far, more like 20 minutes, Matt assures me that I will still be able to get Bravo out there in the sticks and he better not be lying to me. We are headed to a little place called Poetry. Eventually. We casually have our house for sale and I say casually because no one seems to want to buy it, which isn't a big deal because we aren't in a huge hurry to sell it. We kind of just think that it will fall into place whenever it is meant to be. In the meantime, I am trying to live with two boys and a husband in a house that has to, for all intents and purposes, be ready to be seen by strangers at the drop of a hat. It is all very low stress as you can imagine. I won't even get into how totally freaked out Matt gets when strangers come "creeping" around our house. He acts like they are all the future stars (for lack of a better word) of "To Catch a Predator."

I guess it will sell eventually. In the meantime, we are getting really excited about building our "dream house." As you might imagine all four of us have very different opinions on what our dream house should look like. It is really fun to talk about and imagine all the things we want to do, whenever we eventually break free from this haggard, city life. Matt wants a house that is totally powered by a windmill. That is a little weird for me. I am more of an "on the grid" type of girl. So we will see. There has also been talk of having our faces mosaic-ed in the front entry way of our home. I won't mention whose idea that was, but I think we all know. I mean, don't you all want to walk into our new beautiful home and look down to see you are standing on my face? Matt does.

Connor has his own list of ideas for our new house and they include the world's biggest fort (do-able) and an area of the yard to build his own space shuttle (not so much). I am sure we can put that right next to the windmill. Crazy, hillbilly decor aside (which we are absolutely not having, by the way), we can't wait to spend the summer hitting up open houses and stealing as many great ideas as possible. We are so ready to have some real room to breathe and some space for our boys to spread out and grow up as creative and adventurous as possible. And while we still have a ways to go before we settle down, green acres style into our dream house, we sure are excited about what this New Year is already bringing to our family.
Oh and I forgot to mention what might be the best part! Matt's parents are going to be our neighbors! Doesn't that sound like a million blog posts just ready to write themselves? I told Matt that we are going to wake up one morning to see a twelve foot high privacy fence has erected itself overnight after Connor's 50th visit in two days to his Gammie and Gampie. Doesn't it sound like heaven?

So, anyone want to buy a house?

No comments:

Post a Comment