What's happening with the Hill family!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My first blog post

Okay, so several people have been after me for a while now to start a blog. Apparently some people are interested in the goings on of my little family. I have put it off because we seem endlessly busy and why would I ever want to add one more thing to my plate, right? It took a trip to our neighborhood Super Target to finally convince me to actually start blogging. Connor and I got out of the car and started walking in, usually he has to be reminded 20 times to hold my hand in a parking lot. But this time as soon as I opened my mouth to say the words, I felt his little hand slip into mine. That moment really struck me, the way his hand fit so perfectly into my own and I thought, I hope I always remember these tiny moments forever. I know I won't so I am going to start recording them here, the good, the bad and the funny.
I was so overwhelmed with love for my child in the parking lot of Super Target that tears filled my eyes and I had to tell him how much I loved him right then and there. He told me that he loved me more than anything and I melted. We continued through the parking lot and as we entered the automatic doors, he announced at the top of his lungs, "Mommy, can we buy you new underwear here at Target? I think they will have your size!"
And that about sums it up.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Your child cracks me up! I am SO GLAD you started this blog and am so looking forward to following the antics of your sweet, zany family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey melissa! saw on fb that u are starting a blog. i have added you to my blog list so be sure to add me to yours! you will love blogging. it's a great way to document your kids development and milestones! i was bad for a while about updating, but hope to get back to it. check us out at thegriggsblog.blogspot.com! hope to see a new post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete